Goto page Previous  1, 2
[subscribe]
Forums -> Announcements

New forum at http://www.terragenesis.uk

pendrake said:

Tob said:

I somehow managed to get registered as a member, but I haven't been able to log in yet.

I am r-- only.

Did you get the registration email? And click on the link, etc. ?

As I understand it: Tob can't use the login mechanism on the new site. We're thinking it's his old set up because nobody else has reported a problem yet... and his setup is old old.

@Tob: I very occasionally use Telnet as a tool on the server... more usually I'll strap a piece of parchment to a pigeon's leg... which is actually a forced upgrade because these newfangled pigeon creatures can't carry a stone tablet like good ol' Pterodactylus. Laughing

pendrake said:

you guys should create a banner

I've made the notice more prominent. Smile

TerraGenesis said:

@Tob: I very occasionally use Telnet as a tool on the server.

Solidarity!

P.S. Recently added a bellows; got my smoke signals up to 8 baud.

Tob said:

TerraGenesis said:

@Tob: I very occasionally use Telnet as a tool on the server.

Solidarity!

P.S. Recently added a bellows; got my smoke signals up to 8 baud.

Laughing Laughing

(Not passing up the chance to use the rotfl smiley while it is still around.)

Tob said:

Last one in the pool is an anemic squig!!

In your honor I have adopted that as a self-title on the new forum. I shall cede it to you if we can ever get you logged in under your own power...

...IDK, green wood for thicker smoke? Brick wall

pendrake said:

In your honor I have adopted that as a self-title on the new forum.

Take it and run with it! It's all yours.

pendrake said:

green wood for thicker smoke?

Wet leaves and coal tar.

Two questions...

1-why the new forum?

2-will this forum continue to exist?

The Real Evil Steve said:

1-why the new forum?

A few reasons including (but not limited to):
The owner/administrator wanting to take on an owner-only role due to other commitments.
Reduction of technical computer hassles for the owner.
Old is bad, new is good.

2-will this forum continue to exist?

For awhile at various extents until all pertinent data is moved to the appropriate new site, either the forum or archive.

Steve,
there were a bunch of threads in here in November that discussed it in much detail. They got purged recently. But, yeah; what Tob said.

The threads that are gone explained the new scheme and the need for an archive site in more detail. Hopefully Andy or somebody saved some of that as text files. It would be helpful the gameplan was posted someplace.

Tob, Pendrake, Thanks.

My curiousity is slaked.

Tob, Pendrake, Thanks.

My curiousity is slaked.

Do go sign up at the new one and help kick the tyres.

Tob said:

pendrake said:

In your honor I have adopted that as a self-title on the new forum.

Take it and run with it! It's all yours.

pendrake said:

green wood for thicker smoke?

Wet leaves and coal tar.

Tob, any luck yet with new or improved galvanic computational engynes?

You said something about getting a redhat [?] computer....wait it was Raspberry[?]...raspberries are red I think.
Brick wall

pendrake said:

Tob, any luck yet with new or improved galvanic computational engynes?

To a degree.

pendrake said:

You said something about getting a redhat [?] computer....wait it was Raspberry

Twas indeed. My brother goes thru a lot of silicon and I salvage his jetsam. He got into a deal and came out of it with a spare Raspberry Pi, the B+ model, and he had no use for it. Merry Christmas to me. Came with a case, power supply, wifi dongle, and an Arduino Uno clone [Hax hax hax]. Totally sweet, but I need a few more components.

Got a kewl wireless keyboard in the GF's family gift exchange. It's gloss black and matches the Pi case. Going to name this computer "Baby Voodoo", a little brother to my old Black Voodoo monster, and use it for high weirdness on the wild frontier.

Baby Voodoo still needs a boot disk and a monitor. I am waiting for the after holiday sales to pick up an HDMI monitor; ought to be able to grab a nice one for under $100. As for Baby's new pair of shoes, apparently I am not going to be able to jam BSD onto it, so I'll probably go with Raspbian (Debian for Raspberries) until I figure out what I really want.

Other features include, but are not limited to, an 8GB Hello Kitty flash drive shaped like her head and paws so that when plugged in she looks like she's peeking over the edge of the Raspberry.

Also still need to come up with a Baby Voodoo logo.

Tob said:

Other features include, but are not limited to, an 8GB Hello Kitty flash drive shaped like her head and paws so that when plugged in she looks like she's peeking over the edge of the Raspberry.

I want one. Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2
29 results in total.

Forums -> Announcements